As part of a busy marketing team of 7 with 2 designers, create design solutions that have a high visual impact.
Designs are required for a wide variety of products and activities, such as catalogues, eshots, fliers, display advertising, websites, newsletters, posters, product packaging, exhibitions, corporate communications and corporate identity.
Annually we produce a 740 page master catalogue that contains over 9000 products. Your involvement, contribution and ability to work under pressure on this project is a key element of the role.
The work demands creative flair balanced with the ability to do the day to day design work, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
F.H. Brundle is one of UK’s largest stockists of steel products supplying the construction industry. 2019 sees it celebrating its 130th anniversary while remaining a family run business. Operating from 6 strategically located branches in the UK, its fleet of 60+ vehicles supply over 40 000 customers annually from over 9200 individual stocked products.
New products are constantly being added to the ranges, and through its in-house product design team many are exclusive to F.H. Brundle. Marketing helps drive customers and prospects to buy through the branch network and online from www.fhbrundle.co.uk. The Marketing Department contributes to the growth and development of the business with our design team playing a key role in this process.
Typical work activities
The job will require involvement in multiple projects at any one time but typical activities include:
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- proof reading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- contributing ideas and design artwork to meet briefs
- working with a wide range of media, including photography, renders, etc.
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches
- working on layouts and art-working pages ready for print
- working with the printers or other partners to deliver the final solution
- keeping abreast software support packages such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- working as part of a team with colleagues and external partners
- creative individual, comfortable working as part of a team or individually
- ability to work in creative bursts combined with the day to day production design
- able to work on quick turnaround projects as well as those of a longer duration
- an eye for detail and ability to proof read to produce accurate and high-quality work
- a willingness to learn things and flexible approach to your work
- positive outlook, prepared to accept constructive feedback to achieve results
- starter finisher with a ‘can do’ attitude and able to work to deadlines
- effective communicator
- Indesign – essential
- Photoshop – essential
- Illustrator - essential
- Quark – optional
- Grammar, sentence construction and punctuation – essential
- Ability to create copy and artwork – essential
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment – desirable
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- Degree in Graphic Design or similar design related subject
A Few Benefits:
- Located just off the A13 so easy access for drivers
- On-site parking so no daily charges
- 10 mins walk from Rainham railway station
- 10 mins walk from Rainham bus terminus
This is Rainham Essex not Rainham Kent.
Considerable flexibility for a candidate having broad experience who can add value.
Two will be required.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Lamson Road Ferry Lane North
ESSEX RM13 9YY